Monday, July 16, 2007

Una semana mas...

I am sure this is a theme that will be repeated a lot this last week that I am in Nicaragua... I leave next Monday! I am working really hard this week to get everything done (at work and at play) before I take off. I have already had to stop making tinctures and soap, as they take two weeks to a month to prepare. I have finished writing the Green Pharmacy Manual (a whopping 30 pages!) and am working on translating it to Spanish.
jabon!
Barley soap
jabon!
Achiote soap
This past weekend we (Sarah and I) went with Paul (known as Pablito) and Steve (two new volunteers, Emily, Josue, and Yader up to Pochomíl for a little beach time. It rained, but it was still very nice. On the way down Steve and Pablito got a genuine Nica bus ride experience as the bus was PACKED with people and horribly long. But the day was full of relaxing and sipping on rum and playing cards.
Pablito the card trickster
Sunday I came into work to get some progress made on my manual (nerd, I know). Pablito is a big Red Hot Chili Pepper fan as well I found out, and was kind enough to lend me Stadium Arcadium for the weekend. Sarah was also feeling kind and lent me her CD player. This all adds up to me listening to the new album (that I so stubbornly refused to buy) alllll day on Sunday. Deyring was protesting my hermitude by blasting reggaeton in the next room, but nothing could come between me and RHCP.
Unfortunately my CD listening days are over as the new schedule for electricity cuts was announced this morning. All week we will be without power from 5p-10p. That is really frustrating, because it definitely means a lot of downtime at the venta. Or hanging out in the cab of the big truck listening to Calle 13 with Erving...
Erving

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that soap looks good enough to eat!

July 18, 2007 at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home