Thursday, August 23, 2007

One Month Later...

...I resurface. Hi everybody, I am back from the dead. What seems to have been a little hiatus from my blog, was really me travelling around, moving around, getting jobs and figuring stuff out. Oh, and I also bought clothes that fit my new body... not cool. So that is the short of it, here is the long of it...
I got back to the States no problems. My flights were all on time (good thing since I had about 400 to catch) and it was smooth sailing. My first stop was Dc and I saw sammy and DuBois which was fun. but I was dead tired and amazed at the size and awesomeness of DC. The next day I set sail for home, st. Louis. i got in no problem found my family and got my haircut. i did not stay long in St. Louis because it was time to go to the ranch where I had the tireless task of trying to find clothes that fit me... not cool. i love my parents new house and occupation (they moved to the country and are raising alpacas). but alas, I could not stay much longer once again. The next day it was back to St. Louis to catch a plane to Balitmore. THere we met up with all the Rothrocks and got on to a big ship.
Truthfully, the cruise to Canada was nice, I really enjoyed seeing my family (my little cousins have really grown up and have personalities and opinions!) but the actual ports and cruise was kinda lost on me. I was so jumbled with space/time that wow... it was weird. But I really enjoyed Halifax!
The cruise was nine days long adn when we got back I went back to the ranch with my parents. I stayed for about a week, helping out where I could. I scooped poop, cleaned out the garage, cleaned my stuff and helped prepare a room in the basement. By the time i got all that done, I had found a job in the St. Louis area. So I moved my stuff in to my sisters house where I am happily living with Anica, Dan and drew (only for a few more days until he gets back to Chicago for school). I started last week at Winslow's Farm, an organic farm outside of st. Louis in Augusta, MO. It is a part time gig, I go 7a-12p and I am going to start to go to chris wimmer's farm in the afternoon. If you want to know more about my farming experience, check out my blog at: The APOCALYSE
So i think I am going to switch over to that blog from now on, because I am no longer in Nicaragua.
Until then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home